How to avoid a lawsuit & strengthen your brand.
Inclusivity is more than just a buzzword; it’s the future of a healthier economy. When it comes to your business, it’s important to make sure your end consumer feels represented and identified. One of the most crucial ways to do this is through your website.
The latest and greatest in the digital realm are web accessibility features. According to ADA title III, every business website has to be accessible to people with disabilities, or it will be at risk of being sued and facing unnecessary legal expenses (yikes – we know!). Not only that, but access to information and communications technologies, including the Web, is defined as a basic human right in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
So to avoid the possibility of unnecessary expenses and controversy, we’ve prepared web accessibility solutions for your website. These features meet the code standards and design guidelines set forward by the ADA.
It focuses on accessibilities that are meant to allow people with disabilities to effectively use websites, including:
· Blindness – Screen Reader Optimization
· Motor Impairment – Keyboard Navigation Optimization
· Visual Impairment – UI and Design Adjustments
· Screen Readers – Using the ARIA attributes, accessiBe’s AI enables JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, Chromevox, and other screen-readers to properly interpret your site.
· Epilepsy – Stops all flashing animations
· Cognitive Disorders – On page live dictionary/glossary
· We will ensure every action that can be done with a mouse, can also be done using just the keyboard (hovering, clicking, etc.)
With this web accessibility feature, not only are you benefitting more end consumers, but you’ll have peace of mind knowing:
· It’s the right thing to do
·3 You’ll prevent lawsuits from happening
· You’ll be creating more opportunities for a broader range of clients
· You’ll generate more brand exposure and awareness
· You’ll increase your SEO
Not sure if your website is inclusive enough to fit the ADA’s standards? No worries. That’s what we’re here for. With our Complimentary Website Scanner, you’ll be able to analyze where and how you can improve your accessibility features.