Looking to up your sales and find more loyal customers? If you’re a small business owner, you most definitely answered yes to both of these things. The more difficult question is: How do I do this without breaking the bank?
At Simply Clear Marketing, we strive to help businesses build their brands and grow their revenue. One relatively easy way to do this is geofencing. Here are five ways geofencing—if done correctly—can benefit your business.
What is Geofencing?
First, it’s important to understand how geofencing works. Geofencing allows advertisers to draw digital fences around specific locations and serve mobile ads to people who enter the geofenced area. You can geofence your own storefront or your competitors’, an event space, a transportation hub, or popular shopping destination. These ads can be served on search engines, like Google; on social media; in apps; or via text message.
5 Benefits of Geofencing
- Targets customers more precisely. Geofencing connects you with people who are more likely to purchase your product or service because it homes in on their location. For example, you can target people who walk by your store or people who are visiting your competitors’ stores. You can target frequent flyers at airports or music lovers at a nearby concert venue.
- Personalizes the customer experience. Using the data you collect from geofenced areas will help create a more accurate picture of your target audience. As a result, you can make content and promotions that align with your audience’s interests and needs.
- Increases engagement. When content is more personalized, people are more likely to engage with your brand through clicks, calls, and—most importantly—purchases.
- Increases brand awareness. Reaching people where they’re at will keep your brand top of mind. Geofenced ads can either introduce your brand to new customers or serve as an effective reminder of what your brand has to offer.
- Makes your business more competitive. Being able to serve ads in real time makes it easier to get the word out. Say a shopper isn’t finding what they want at your competitor’s location. They open their phone to search for other places to shop and are immediately served your ad. Guess where they’re going next?
Want to create an effective geofenced ad campaign? The Simply Clear Marketing team is here to help!